Our administration seems intent on supporting the return to power of Chavez’s Stetson-wearing “Comandante Vaquero“. Let’s review, all in one place, just what it is that Obama is supporting.
- a drug runner
- an election rigger (and here)
- a public embezzler (update here) who abused his authority for personal gains
- contemptuous of the Constitution and of local democratic institutions as well as traitorously attempting to overturn them
- rejected by all arms of government including his own party as well as the Catholic Archbishop and Cardinal of Honduras, who has been on the short list for Pope
- negligent in performing his duties, having never submitted a 2009 budget
- constructing a hidden force of 300 no-show or ghost staff on payroll
- actively working with Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua to overturn the Honduran interim government by force and continues calling for insurrection
- megalomaniacal (Mel Statue, Return Apotheosis)
- the son of a convicted slaughterer of priests
Why does Obama still support him? Does he expect Honduras to accept back a man like this?